Terms and Conditions
By using the services of Encounter America LLC and Encounter America Global Inc. (collectively, “Encounter America”), you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions. Encounter America reserves the right to change the Terms and Conditions at any time without notice, and your continued use of Encounter America constitutes your consent to such changes. You can report abuse of our terms and conditions here firstname.lastname@example.org.
• You must be 13 years or older to use this service.
• You must provide a valid name and email address during the registration process. You will further update and keep that information current as appropriate.
• You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your passwords, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your account and password. If you suspect unauthorized use of your account, you agree to immediately change your password and notify Encounter America.
• You are hereby granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable, worldwide right to access and use the Encounter America services, solely with supported browsers through the Internet for your own internal purposes, subject to these Terms and Conditions. All rights not expressly granted to you are reserved by Encounter America.
• You understand that the content, organization, graphics, design, compilation, magnetic translation, digital conversion and other materials related to the Encounter America services are the property of Encounter America and are protected pursuant to applicable copyright, trademark and other proprietary rights laws.
• You shall abide by all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations and be solely responsible for all acts or omissions that occur under your account or password, including those related to the protection of intellectual property, data privacy, international communications and transmission of technical or personal data. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you will not, directly or indirectly:
◦ Transmit any pornographic, obscene, offensive, threatening, harassing, libelous, hate-oriented, harmful, defamatory, racist, illegal or otherwise objectionable material or content;
◦ Transmit any material or content that attempts to falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your identity or affiliation with a person or entity;
◦ Transmit material or content that promotes, provides or relates to instructional information about illegal activities or promotes physical harm or injury against any individual or group;
◦ Transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
◦ Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without their consent;
◦ Use a false identity or forged email address or header, or otherwise attempt to mislead others as to your identity or the origin of your messages;
◦ Transmit unlawful, harassing, libelous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene or otherwise objectionable material of any kind or nature;
◦ Transmit any material that may infringe the intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties, including trademark, copyright or right of publicity;
◦ Transmit any material that contains viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or any other harmful or deleterious programs;
◦ Interfere with or disrupt networks or websites associated with the Encounter America services or violate the regulations, policies or procedures of such networks;
◦ Attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Encounter America website, Encounter America services, other accounts, computer systems or networks associated with the Encounter America services, through password mining or any other means;
◦ Interfere with another person’s use and enjoyment of the Encounter America services or use and enjoyment of similar services.
• If you engage in any activity set forth above or violate any other Terms and Conditions, your account will be terminated and use of the Encounter America services prohibited. Encounter America will report any unlawful conduct to the appropriate authorities and turn over any and all information regarding such activity to appropriate persons or entities. You agree that Encounter America shall have the right to monitor and review the content of any discussions, chats, forums, postings, transmissions and bulletin boards, although Encounter America is not under legal obligation to do so. As a Christian organization, we uphold specific foundational beliefs. We expect visitors to our sites, and anyone using our website and We PrayTM Prayer System site to adhere to a sense of decency and decorum that we deem appropriate. We are the sole authority on questions of appropriateness.
• You understand that any account that has been inactive for six or more months is subject to termination. Encounter America will attempt to notify you of such pending termination by sending a message to the email address stored for your account.
• You understand that all warranties, express or implied, are disclaimed (including, but not limited to, the disclaimer of any implied warranties of non-infringement, merchantability and fitness for a particular purposes. Encounter America is not liable for any indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages (including damages for loss of business, loss of profits, litigation, or the like), whether based on breach of contract, breach of warranty, tort (including negligence), product liability or otherwise, even if advised of the possibility of such damages. Encounter America shall have no obligation to defend any claim or suit, or to hold harmless or indemnify you against any allegation of infringement or violation of any patent right of a third party by reason of your use of the Encounter America services. The negation of damages set forth above is a fundamental element of the basis of the bargain between Encounter America and you. The Encounter America services would not be provided without such limitations. No advice or information, whether oral or written, shall create any warranty, representation or guarantee not expressly stated in these Terms and Conditions. If you are dissatisfied with the Encounter America services or any of these Terms and Conditions, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Encounter America services immediately.
• You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Encounter America and its partners, attorneys, employees, agents and affiliates harmless from any liability, loss, claim and expense including reasonable attorneys’ fees, related to your violation of these Terms and Conditions, use of the Encounter America services, or any service provided or performed or agreed to be performed, or any product sold by you, your agents, employees or assigns.
• You are solely responsible for properly canceling your account. An email or phone request to cancel your account shall not result in cancellation. You can cancel your account at any time by clicking on the Account link in the navigation bar at the top of the screen. Any cancellation of your account will result in the deactivation or deletion of your account or your access to the account. Please be aware that Encounter America may for a time retain residual information and/or archival copies in its database.
Encounter America reserves the right to terminate your account for the violation of any of these terms at any time and without notice.